This is a Sudoku game for the Nintendo DS. My wife plays a lot of Brain Age sudoku, but
she gets frustrated when she gets penalized for mistakes due to the handwriting recognition.
So, obsessive homebrew coder that I am, I decided to write my own version (taking the easy route
by using touchscreen buttons for the numbers, rather than handwriting recognition). This is
not the most polished game, but it serves its purpose for my wife and I anyway.
Newest version is 0.5
(released Apr 12, 2008).
It is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL
- SudokuDS v0.5: sudokuds.zip
- Source Code: sudokuds-source.tar.bz2
- I don't feel like putting old versions up here, but I can make them available upon request if you really want them
- Make sure you have a Nintendo DS capable of running homebrew code
- Patch the .NDS file with the correct DLDI for your card
- Copy the .NDS file to your card
- Extract the data files to the root of your card (should create a /sudokuds directory)
- The game will work without libfat support, however you'll only have access to a couple dozen puzzles and will be unable to save (obviously).
- The puzzle solving functionality was largely lifted from the public domain sudoku game available at http://www.laurasia.com.au/sudoku ("apt-get install sudoku" on Debian/Ubuntu).